|8-ohm FTC rated power/ch||450W|
|4-ohm FTC rated power/ch||600W|
|Bridged mono power||1200W|
|4/8-ohm FTC rated THD||0.5%|
|IM Distortion||less than 0.1%|
|Input Impedance (Line)||15k ohm|
|Rated full power bandwidth||+0, -3dB at 3Hz & 80kHz|
|Slew Rate||25V/u sec|
|Power Consumption||1500 watts|
|Fusing||12 amp slo-blo|
|Damping||200 at 1kHz|
|Dimensions (HxWxD inches)||3.5" x 19" x 12.25"|
|Architect's and Engineer's Specifications
The power amplifier being of two channels, shall deliver 450W into 8 ohms with both channels operating, or 600W into 4 ohms with both channels operating. The amplifier shall be capable of bridge-mode operation thereby providing 1200W RMS output into 8 ohms and supplying a 70-volt distribution system without output matching transformers. Each channel shall be equipped with compression circuitry that electronically senses the onset of clipping and engages a specially designed circuitry which virtually eliminates the possibility of driving the amplifier into distortion. The amplifier shall have a thermal shutdown system to protect the power devices from over-temperature operation. This thermal protection system shall be self-resetting. A protection LED indicator shall activate and the amplifier shall shut down to protect against short circuits and excessive high frequencies at the outputs, DC offset present at the outputs, or an internal power supply fault. The amplifier shall be capable of sequential turn-on/off and remote turn-on/off with a DC voltage between +5 and +15Vdc at the receive terminals. A delayed send voltage of 11Vdc shall be provided at the send terminals to turn subsequent amplifiers with this feature. The amplifier shall have slow start up and muted inputs of turn-on. Optional signal processing shall be available to be installed at the rear of the amplifier. The amplifier shall have a voltage gain of 33dB. Noise shall be at least 105dB below 450W A-Weighted, from 20Hz to 20kHz. Total harmonic distortion shall be less that 0.5% and inter modulation distortion shall be less than 0.1%. The front panel controls shall consist of independent level controls for left and right channels, a master power switch and a sequential operation switch. The dimensions shall allow for standard 19" EIA rack mounting. It shall be 3.5" high and 12.25" deep. The amplifier shall weigh 21 pounds. The power requirements shall be 120V, 60Hz, 1500W. The frequency response shall be +0, -3dB at 3Hz and 80kHz. The power amplifier shall be CARVER PM-1201.
• 600 + 600 watts into 4 ohms.
• High-efficiency linear tracking output design.
• Highly-regulated magnetic field power supply.
• L/R level controls with 11 precision detents.
• Remote/manual sequential power on/off.
• Dual-stage slow power-up.
• Clipping eliminator circuitry with back panel switch.
• Heavy duty 5-way speaker binding posts.
• XLR, TRS and barrier strip inputs.
• Switchable XLR pin configuration.
• Dual-channel 7-segment LED display.
- 1 bottom green "ON" LED per channel.
- 5 red output level LED's per channel.
- 1 yellow clipping/clipping eliminator indicator/protection activated LED per channel.
• Protection circuits:
- L/R-ch. Thermal.
- Independent L/R-ch. Short Circuit.
- Independent L/R-ch. Ultrasonic.
- DC offset.
• 70-volt stereo direct drive capability.
|Search for Carver products on eBay